The responsibility of the pitch-side medical team has never been higher. Health care professionals are under more and more scrutiny in terms of skill maintenance and professional development. The pitch-side clinical team have a duty of care to the athlete/player, along with a responsibility to update and improve their own clinical knowledge and skills. We believe in an integrated approach where Health care professionals from all levels and backgrounds practice and learn together - The SPoRTS course is aimed at those Health Care Professionals who don’t deal with critical care situations every day is designed to practice within a non-threatening learning environment to assess and perform immediate life saving interventions or to prepare the critically unwell athlete/player for safe transfer to hospital.
The course is designed to help you recognise the critically ill; develop practical skills to treat them and co-ordinate a team to transfer them.
• BLS/AED: 2 years certification • Life Threatening injuries
• Moving injured players. • Concussion
• MSK injuries • Match day planning
• Airway management • Head & Spinal injuries
• Key lectures • Skill stations
• Scenarios • Discussions
• Team work
• To standardise the level of pitch-side Immediate care of Health Care Professionals involved with all sporting events
• To promote confidence when dealing with the potentially critically injured athletes on the field of play
• To provide a forum for sharing of knowledge and CPD within peers
Pitch-side Immediate Care course for all Health Care Professionals actively or looking to become involved in sports
Please enquire about the availability of this course